I am going to demonstrate two processes of making ghee from A2 Doodh. The first is from Malai and Second from Curd.
A2 Ghee from Malai
- Heat A2 Doodh to boil every morning and keep it aside to cool.
- After 2-3 hours you will see a layer of malai or cream floating on top of the milk. Use a spoon to collect this malai and store in Refrigerator.
- Repeat the process for 15 days to collect 500 to 600 grams of malai from 1 litre of A2 Doodh.
- On day 15, add a spoon on curd to this malai and leave it at room temperature.
- Day 16 start churning this malai. For traditional method use churner (automatic churner available for Rs. 500 to 1000).
- As you churn the malai, add ice cold water.
- You will see butter balls forming, left over is chach (butter milk)
- Strain the butter balls and heat it on slow flame.
- Heating process will remove all moisture from the butter to form ghee.
- Cook the butter until the residue in the bottom becomes brown. Do not stir.
- Take off the flame and let it cool.
- Filter the ghee in a sheet, glass or plastic bottle for use.
- Home made A2 Ghee from A2 Doodh is yellow, light in feel, tastes excellent and best for health.