For the filling
- Cooked chana dal 1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked and cooked)
- Sugar 1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
- Cardamom powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder 1 Pinch
- Saffron color 4 Drop
For dough :
- Whole wheat flour 1 Cup (16 tbs) (extra for rolling)
- A2 Ghee 1/2 Tablespoon
- Water 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)
- A2 Ghee 2 Tablespoon (for smearing)
- In a non stick pan, combine together the cooked chana dal and sugar, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow to cool. Add cardamon powder, nutmeg powder and saffron color, mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, take flour, add A2 ghee, add enough water and knead to a dough. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal sized balls. Roll a portion of the dough, using little flour in a 4 inch oblong shape. Place the filling ball in the center and fold in half. Trim the sides using a sharp bowl. Now roll into a 5 inch diameter.
- On a heated griddle cook from both sides. Repeat to make 3 more puran polis.
Apply A2 ghee and serve.