Apple Halwa recipe using apples, sugar, A2ghee and cashew nuts. The recipe can be made in two forms as described below.
- Red apple (big size) – 3 Nos
- Sugar – One and half cups
- A2Ghee – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashewnuts – few
- Kesar Powder or Orange red colour – little
- Clean the apples with water and then wipe it dry. Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Cut it into medium size pieces. Put it in a mixer and grind it to a fine pulp.
- In a thick bottomed kadai (preferably non-stick kadai) add one teaspoon A2ghee and then fry the cashew nuts on the melted A2ghee.
- Now remove the fried cashews from the kadai and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai add the remaining A2ghee and then add the apple pulp.
- Fry it on medium flame until the water content in the pulp is evaporated and the pulp becomes slightly thick. (It will take 10 to 15 minutes).
- Now add sugar to the pulp and mix well. While stirring the pulp continuously add the food colour until it leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Now add cardamom powder and the fried cashew nuts that was prepared earlier.
- Finally mix everything well and transfer it to a greased bowl.
You can serve it with a spoon or cut it into squares. You will get approximately 15 pieces.