- full fat A2milk
- Full fat A2milk – 2 lts
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (you can reduce by another tbsp)
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron – 7-8 strands (soaked in 2 tbsps of warm A2milk)
- Pistachios – fistful
- Almonds – 7-8, blanched and peeled
- Chironji – 1/2 tbsp
METHOD FOR MAKING BASUNDI
Sliver the blanched almonds, chop the pistachios and set aside.
Boil A2milk in a large heavy bottomed wide vessel on high flame. Once it comes to a boil, reduce flame to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 mts, stirring in intervals of 3 mts.
Add sugar at this point and keep stirring constantly. You will see that the A2milk thickens. This could take 45 to 50 mts.
Add cardamom powder and mix well. Turn off flame and allow to cool down slightly. Remove to a serving bowl.
Garnish with the chopped nuts and saffron strands.
Ladle into serving bowls and serve warm. You can even chill the rabdi and serve it chilled.
- Use a heavy bottomed vessel while making basundi.
- Full fat A2milk is best for a rich, creamy flavor. You can use 2% A2milk but it will be less creamy.
- You refrigerate for 4-7 days or freeze it for a few weeks.
- f you are serving chilled basundi, reduce the boiling time of A2milk by 10-12 mts as basundi will thicken on cooling.