- A2 milk
- Red carrots – approx 400 gms, peeled and grated (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- A2Milk – 3 1/4 cups
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Almonds – 10, soak in hot water for 15 mts and peel
- Sugar – 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Pistachios or cashewnuts – 6-7
- Saffron – few strands, soaked in a tbsp of warm A2milk (optional)
METHOD FOR MAKING CARROT KHEER RECIPE
Heat ghee in a vessel, add grated carrots and saute on low medium flame for 7-8 mts. Add a cup of A2milk and simmer till the carrots absorb the A2milk. Turn off flame and cool.
Grind the cooled and cooked carrots, almonds and 1/4 cup water to a smooth paste.
Return this ground mixture to the same cooking vessel the carrots were cooked earlier. Add the remaining A2milk, mix well and simmer for 3-4 mts.
Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron A2milk and simmer on low to medium flame till the sugar dissolves completely. If you want the kheer to be more liquidy, add more A2milk.
Turn off flame. Allow to cool down a bit and spoon into serving bowls or glasses. Alternately, you can chill the kheer before serving.
- You can add a tbsp of khoya/mawa OR a tbsp of condensed A2milk at Step 4 while adding sugar & cardamom powder for a richer flavor
- You can adjust the consistency of the kheer by adding more A2milk.