- Cucumber pieces (Vallarikka, Kakdi) – about 2 cups
- Sago (Javarisi, Sabushana, Chowwary) – 1/4 cup
- Sweetened Condensed A2Milk – 1/4 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- A2Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup (or to taste)
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2-3 tbsp
- Cashews – 2-3 tbsp (or use other nuts like pistachios, chiroli or almonds)
- Raisins – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Soak the sago in water for about half an hour.
- In the mean while, chop the cucumber into thin pieces.
- Take the soaked sago in a heavy bottomed pan. Fill it with sufficient water and cook it.
- When it is half cooked add the cucumber pieces and continue to cook till both the sago and cucumber pieces become soft.
- Now add the sugar and let it melt. Next add the condensed A2milk and A2milk.
- Simmer it for about 5 minutes or till you are satisfied with the consistency.
- Add the cardamom powder and switch off.
- Heat the ghee in another pan and fry the nuts and raisins. Add it to the payasam and cover with a lid until you are ready to serve.