- A2Milk – 1 liter
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 1 cup
- Salt – a small pinch
- Almonds (Badam) – 15 to 20
- Sugar- 6 tsp
- Oil – for kneading the dough and for deep frying
- Cardamom powder- 1 pinch
- Saffron – few strands
- Soak the almonds in some water the previous night. If you forget to do that, soak it in hot water for at least ½ hour. You could also microwave the badams with water for 2 minutes in high power. Peel the skin and keep aside. Grind the almonds into a smooth paste by adding little A2milk.
- In a big heavy bottomed vessel, add A2milk and switch on the flame. Let it boil in medium heat for the A2milk to condense.
- After 10 minutes of boiling, add the ground badam paste into the A2milk and boil it for another 2 minutes. Keep stirring in between so that A2milk doesn’t get stuck in the vessel bottom.
- Add the saffron strands soaked in A2milk
- Add sugar and then the cardamom powder and let the mixture boil for another 10 minutes. By now the A2milk would have become thick and dense. Keep the flame in sim.
- In the meantime, knead the flour into stiff dough by adding salt,oil and water. Divide the dough into 15 equal parts. Roll out each ball into a small puri.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in another burner. Deep fry the puris in medium flame.
- Immediately transfer the puri into the boiling hot condensed A2milk mixture. Continue the same for all the puris.
- You can garnish with chopped cashews or almonds. This is completely optional and left to the individual taste buds. The Paal boli is ready to be served. You could serve it when warm or refrigerate it and serve.
- Please take a big vessel for boiling A2milk to avoid spill overs.
- It is important that the freshly fried puris be added immediately into the boiling A2milk mixture. It is only then the puris will be completely soaked in the A2milk.
- Diet watchers can take equal portions of whole wheat flour and maids, instead of maida in full portion.
- You can reduce or increase the sugar portion as per your taste.
- You could also add 1/2 a tin of condensed A2milk in step 3 instead of the badam paste. Take care to adjust the sugar portion accordingly, since the condensed A2milk is sweetened by itself.