Whole A2 milk – 1 litre
Rice – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Saffron – a pinch
Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Raisins – 15-20
Orange juice – 2 tbsp
mixed nuts – for decorating
- Soak rice in water for a couple of hours, drain and grind course. Spread it on a cotton sheet to dry up.
- Let it dry well making sure no lumps are left behind.
- Soak saffron in 1 tbsp A2 milk and raisins in orange juice.
- In a heavy bottomed pan bring A2milk to a boil. Add sugar and rice.
- Let this mixture thicken. Then add saffron, cardamom powder.
- Spread raisins over the base of a dish and pour phirni over it.
- Refrigerate this and serve chill. Decorate with sliced mixed nuts like almonds/pistachios before serving.