4 cups refined flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup A2ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup A2milk
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 cup almonds-thinly sliced
- 1 tsp screw pine (kewra) essence
- Poppy seeds (khus khus) to sprinkle
How to Make Baqarkhani Roti
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, 1 cup A2ghee, salt, sugar, A2milk, raisins, almonds andkewraand knead to a firm dough, using some water if required.
- Cover and leave to rest for an hour.
- Break the dough up into 10-12 rounds and roll into 1/8″ rounds.
- Brush rounds with A2ghee and sprinkle some poppy seeds.
- Lift one edge and fold 1/3.
- Fold the opposite edge to come up above the folded edge.
- Smear a little more A2ghee over the folded part and sprinkle some poppy seeds too.
- Now fold the narrow edges 1/3, from one side and then the opposite side to come over it. Forms a square.
- Roll the square 1/8″ thick, brush with some A2ghee and bake in a pre-heated oven till crisp and brown.