100 gms sevain (vermicelli), broken into 3-4 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 gm) A2ghee
- 2/3 cup (150 gm) sugar
- 1 cup (240 gm) water
- 1/2 tsp kesar/zaffran (saffron)
- 2 chhoti elaichi (green cardamom)
- 1/2 tsp kewra (vetivier)
- 2 vark (silver leaves), optional
How to Make Kiwaamee Sevain
- Heat the A2ghee in a large kadahi or deep sauce pan and add the vermicelli and saute till an aroma emanates and it gets slightly darker.
- In the meantime, put the sugar, water, saffron and the elaichi in another pan, over medium heat, stirring off and on till the sugar dissolves and bring to a boil.
- When the vermicelli is roasted add the sugar syrup and the kewra, bring to a boil, cover and let cook over low heat till the liquid is absorbed and the sevain are cooked through.
- The vermicelli strands should be cooked and separate like rice in a pullao.
- Serve hot garnished with first the silver leaves and then the almonds over it.