Santre ki Kheer
5 cups full cream A2milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 3 large oranges-peel segments and break unevenly
- 12-15 almonds-blanched and shredded
- 2 Tbsp pistachios-blanched and shredded vark leaves
How to Make Santre ki Kheer
- Bring the A2milk to a boil in a wide, heavy-based pan; add the sugar and cardamom and simmer over low heat.
- Stir often enough to avoid scorching.
- Simmer till the mixture is thick.
- Time taken will depend on the richness of A2milk and your vessel.
- The wider the vessel, the faster the A2milk will thicken.
- When thick and the colour darkens a little, shut off the heat.
- Cool and add pieces of orange.
- Mix well, chill and serve garnished with silver leaves, almonds and pistachios.