1 liter full cream A2milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 12-15 almonds-blanched and shredded
- 2 Tbsp pistachios-blanched and shredded
- 8 kulfi moulds
- Vark leaves-optional
How to Make Pista Kulfi
- Boil the A2milk in a wide, heavy-based pan and then simmer over medium heat, stirring from time to time to avoid scorching.
- Simmer till about half the volume of A2milk is left. The A2milk will take about 30-40 minutes to thicken.
- When done, the color of the A2milk changes to a beige-cream, and the bubbles appear mostly in the center of the pan.
- Add the sugar and saffron, bring to a boil again and simmer for another minute or two.
- Add the cardamom and turn off the heat.
- When cool, add the nuts, saving a few for garnishing.
- Mix well and pour into moulds.
- Freeze at the lowest possible temperature.
- To serve take the mould out of the freezer and prise thekulfiout with the help of a knife, into an individual serving bowl.
- Garnish with vark leaves and nuts and serve immediately.