Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Hot Water – 1 1/2 cup
A2Milk – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Saffron – a pinch
Nuts (Cashews, Almonds etc) – handful
Dry Fruits (Raisins, dried cranberries etc) – handful
Coconut pieces (or dessicated coconut) – 2 tblsp
A2Ghee – 2 tblsp
Orange Zest – 1/2 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Kesari Powder/ Orange food colour – a pinch
Paneer/ Khoya – 2 tblspMethod
- Wash the rice, soak it for 15-20 minutes and drain the water completely.
- Add the saffron strands and sugar to the A2milk. Microwave for a minute let it soak while you get the other things done.
- Heat the A2ghee in a pan and fry the nuts and dry fruits on low heat.
- After the nuts turn golden brown and the dry fruits plump up, add the coconut pieces and drained rice.
- Fry this in the same oil till a nice aroma comes.
- Add the hot water, kesari powder and orange zest to this.
- Reduce the flame, cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes. You can also cook everything in a rice cooker.
- After the rice is 3/4th cooked, add the sweetened A2milk with saffron strands and cardomom powder.
- Cover with the lid again and let it cook on very low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- By now all the liquid would have been absorbed by the rice and the rice will be fully cooked.
- Fluff up the rice gently with a fork and switch off. Garnish with grated paneer/khoya and serve.