- 2-1/2 cup A2milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut fresh (I am using frozen, available Indian grocery stores)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch or arrow root
- 1 can pineapple 20oz unsweetened
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pistachios sliced for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat boil the A2milk, coconut milk, coconut, and 1 tablespoon of sugar together.
- After A2milk comes to boil lower the heat to medium and let it boil for about 18-20 minutes, stir the A2milk and scrape the sides occasionally.
- In a small bowl mix corn starch / arrow root with 2 spoons of water well, making sure there are no lumps,
- Add corn starch to the boiling A2milk, mix it well and boil for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and mix the A2milk for few seconds. Set aside.
- Drain the syrup from pineapple, and slice them into about ¾ inch cubes, save half the cubes and other half blend crush.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium high heat cook the pineapple cubes with remaining ½ cup of sugar, keep stirring occasionally. Slowly pineapple will start caramelized; this should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Take out half the pineapple over generously greased wax paper or parchment paper to garnish.
- Next add crushed pineapple to the remaining pineapple and cook for another 2-3 minutes till caramelized. Set aside.
- After A2milk and pineapple comes to room temperature fold them together. It is very important to make sure both are at room temperature or cold otherwise A2milk will separate like in paneer.
- Serve Pineapple Coconut Kheer chilled. Garnish with caramelized pineapple and pistachios.