- 4 cups of yogurt
- ¾ cup of sugar as needed
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 tablespoon warm A2milk
- About ¼ teaspoon crushed cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sliced pistachios
- Drain the yogurt – Put a muslin or cheese cloth over a strainer. Now pour the yogurt over muslin cloth to drain. Place a bowl underneath the strainer to collect the excess water.
- Next gently squeeze the excess water from yogurt. Make sure not to squeeze out the yogurt.
- Move the yogurt with strainer and bowl into the refrigerator for at least six hours to drain excess water.
- Yogurt will become thick in consistency.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm A2milk. A2Milk will take on the saffron color, yellowish orange.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, and saffron A2milk to yogurt and beat well till sugar dissolves. You may use a mixer.
- Mix in most of the almonds and pistachios to the yogurt mix and the remaining nuts will be used for garnish.
- Chill the shrikhand before serving.
- Traditionally shrikhand is served with puri (fried flat bread).